Murali P wrote:
> Is there any documentation available for browsing the entire source code.
> know NS Notes is a good place to start off with, but an additional
> material
> that gives a brief overview of the location of various stuff in a central
> location is going to be extremely helpful for researchers in my opinion.

There's an incomplete class hierarchy at "NS by example"

http://nile.wpi.edu/NS/

in the `Network Components' section (direct link:

http://nile.wpi.edu/NS/components.html )

In addition, if you go over the manual and/or do some coding yourself
you'll quickly find out that all the C++ stuff is in the ns directory (and
in sub-directories thereof) while the tcl-related code resides in ns/tcl/.

It should easily be possible to figure out what's within a directory by
its name. There seem to be some exceptions, however: for instance, the UDP
implementation -- a classical agent -- is located within ns/*apps*.

Another thing that might be necessary to determine is whether
implementations are part of OTcl or C++ or both. For instance, the
web-cache client and server are available in OTcl only while its transport
wrapper is part of C++.

HTH,

--Timo