Hello,

I am browsing the ns archives, hoping to find a sample code on how to make
an energy aware routing algorithm.
I have seen may related papers about this, however, I was not able to find a
detailed discussion on how they were able to modify the routing algorithm
like the AODV routing protocol, in order to make the routing cost as a
function of the transmit and reception powers instead.

I am new in ns2 and I need to simulate an energy aware routing algorithm.
Specifically, I am interested on the lifetime of a node/network i.e. which
is defined by the time the first node will die.
So I would like to ask if you can give me a sample code or any tips how to
start.
For example, where in AODV do I need to modify in order to include the
transmission and reception powers?
How AODV or DSR protocols can get access to the signal power of the link for
the routing decisions?

Any hints, tips or related links?
Your help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.