manpreet grewal wrote:
> I am new to gdb debugger.... please help me in this...
> I am using ns-allinone-2.28 under cygwin on Windows XP...
>
> I have added a small function in tora_dest.cc file.. I want to see
> while running tora.tcl, is that function refered...

[snip]

> i also executed
> {gdb) r tora.tcl
>
> and the result is-----
> Starting program : tora.tcl
> No executable specified,use 'target exec'.
> (gdb)

The error message says it: A debugger's purpose is to debug executables. A
tcl script is not an executable but just a bunch of lines that an
interpreter can turn into something runnable.

Instead, you have to debug ns and from within gdb, tell ns to call the
script as if you'd do without a debugger. See here:

http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/index.php/Troubleshooting#unexpected_behavior_or_crash_.28segfault.29_after_code_extension