Hi, there,

I was trying to simulate UMTS system with different
RLC PDU sizes.  However,the ns executable cannot exit
normally when compiled with DEBUG option on under
certain configuration.  I wonder whether anyone has
similar observation before...  Thanks in advance.

Basically two executables were generated:
(1)ns_orig: the basic make process w/o debug options.
(2)ns_dbg: compiling w/ debug option, i.e., make
clean, ./configure --enable-debug, make.

When running the original test_tcp.tcl downloaded from
EURANE website, both ns_orig and ns_dbg work.

However, after changing RLC PDU size to 80, i.e.,
adding "UMTS/RLC/AMHS set payload_ 80" right above the
line "$ns create-hsdsch $ue1 $sink0", only ns_orig
finished normally.  When running ns_dbg, the following
error messsage was given:
umts/am.cc:147: virtual void AM::recv(Packet*,
Handler*): Assertion `chk_size(p)' failed.  Abort
(core dumped)

I also tried to do the similar change to
test_udp_hsdsch.tcl, i.e., adding "UMTS/RLC/UMHS set
payload_ 80" right above line "$ns create-hsdsch $ue1
$sink0".  Both ns_orig and ns_dbg run successfully.

Other related information:
(1) I'm running EURANE patch for ns-2.30;
(2) To generate ns_dbg successfully, I made a couple
of changes in am-hs.cc and um-hs.cc according to the
warning messages during make process.  The changes
were to remove the declarations of variables that are
not used at all.

Thanks!

Yishen Sun

 a vacation? Get great deals