Sorry last message I sent, is incomplete, it was a mistake!!

Hi,

 I want to make a simple script to measure those parameters, and i'm
changing the example datarate.tcl that came with the Nist package. My
problem is, i'm using the c++ functions that are in
http://140.116.72.80/~smallko/ns2/tool_en.htm . That functions give me
2 files, and one of them has this data about the packets received by
the sink node: packet id ; packet send time; packet receiving time;
end-to-end delay.
-My method was, to measure the end-to-end delay, i just made one AWK
script to calculate the average of all delays
(delay_of_packet[i]=packet[i]_send_time-packet[i]_receiving_time).

- To measure the Jitter is given by the formula
jitter =((recvtime(j)-sendtime(j))-(recvtime(i)-sendtime(i)))/(j-i)

 Can i use this formula? It's easy because i've all that times. But
How to calculate the average? Some Jitter times are negative, i'm
using this expression:
 Jitter_average= sum(absolute_value(Jitter[i]))/(number_of_packets_received-1)

Should I kept the absolute value to avoid the negative instantaneous
Jitters or not?

OR

 Some of you already tried that functions made by Chih-Heng, Ke, and
you think that the functions are no good idea to take that parameters?
 Instead of that should i use Mac/802_16 set print_stats_ true? But i
haven't found information about how to interpret that results.

Thanks! Tiago Junqueira