This problem happen with me also, I advice you to save your trace file into
free partition or large free disk space.

  Mohammed AbuHajar

Leonard Tracy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

First I should have mentioned that I'm running NS 2.31 on Ubuntu 7.04

The error appears to be more than just writing to the trace file. With
trace-all, when the error occurs, the file will grow as long as I allow
the simulation to stay hung. One time, this used up the remaining disk
space on my 40 gig linux partition (about 30 gig). When the simulation
runs normally, the trace all file ends up being maybe 1 or 2 meg. The
error occurs less than 1% of the time.

Leonard

Teerawat Issariyakul wrote:
> Dear Leonard,
>
> $ns trace-all generally generates complete information in the trace file.
> Unfortunately, you usually don't need most of it. A better way is not
> to use it. If you are interested in for example if you are interested in
> how seq. no. of TCP changes, you may use
>
> $tcp trace t_seqno_
>
> Another way is to print out your own text by modifying C++ source code
> (e.g., using cout).
>
> Cheers,
> Teerawat
>
> On 7/30/2007, "Leonard Tracy" wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am new to this mailing list and to NS 2. I am trying to use NS 2 to
>> research new MAC protocols for sensor networks. The majority of my
>> simulations run without error, but sometimes the simulation locks and
>> the trace file grows to many gigabytes. When I look in the trace file
>> it is full of:
>>
>> D 125.000000000 _2_ IFQ END 0 tcp 0 [0 0 0 0] ------- [0:0 0:0 0 0] [0
>> 0] 0 0
>>

>> The simulation I'm currently running has four nodes total. Three of
>> them use CBR via UDP to send data to the 4th node. I'm wondering if
>> anyone else has had a similar problem or a may know a solution.
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>> Leonard

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on,
when.