Dear Ping,

I was searching the whole day, and finally I got it  working in my system.
The first thing you have to do is to compile the nse (the emulator). It was
quite tricky in my case. I had to install the libpcap packet before, and
change some files. There is a good guide (in german) at
http://www.welzl.at/research/projects/testbedeval/Bakkalaureatsarbeit_Klotz-Sigl.doc.
These are the steps I took:

1) try to compile the nse from /ns-x.xx folder: make nse
2) in my case it didnt work, I had then to download the libpcap from adept
manager (I am using kubuntu) or from http://www.tcpdump.org/
3) I still got some errors and I had to alter the Makefile.in (NOT the
Makefile!). Since we dont know which .o files are needed, all object files
you find in your libcap folder must be included here:

$NSE):  $(OBJ) ...
        &(LINK) $(LDFLAGS) $(LDOUT)$@ \
                /usr/libcap-0.7.2/bpf_dump.o \
                /usr/libcap-0.7.2/bpf_filter.o \
                /usr/libcap-0.7.2/bpf_image.o \
                /usr/libcap-0.7.2/etherent.o \
                /usr/libcap-0.7.2/gencode.o \
                /usr/libcap-0.7.2/... .o \
                common/tclAppInit.o $(OBJ) \
                &(OBJ_EMULATE_CC) $(OBJ_EMULATE_C) $(LIB)

4) ./configure
5) make nse

After that, you can use the emulator calling nse ____.tcl

Hope it solves your problem.