You're encouraged to choose "Reply all" rather than "Reply",
so that others have the same chances to help or to be helped.

I don't know what the problem is,
but someone has face the same problem like you.
http://ai23.wordpress.com/2006/11/14/make-no-rule-to-make-target/
http://blog.tianya.cn/blogger/post_show.asp?idWriter=0&Key=0&BlogID=468698&PostID=5301213

The reason why that Chinese get this error is that he decompress the
tar packet under window-xp, and copy the whole directory to Linux;
When he use "tar" command under Linux, then install, problem solved.

Please feedback the ns-users if you solve the problem.

--
Regards
-Ye