1) It's the size in Bytes of the TCP payload, excluding TCP header and IP
header.
eg. If you set packetSize_ of the TCP Agent to be 1000, then the actual size of
the IP datagram is 1040. You can validate this from the trace file.

2) I don't think it matters anything. Queue limit is measured in packets. The
size of the packet doesn't affect anything.
3) I'm not sure about it.

> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:15:21 +0200> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> ns-users@ISI.EDU> Subject: [ns] TCP segment size vs. IP packet size> > > Hi,>
> > I need some help distinguishing cases when NS is thinking about TCP >
> segments vs. when it's thinking about IP packets, since it seems to me > that
> they're used almost interchangeably.> > In particular:> > 1) Is packetSize_
> in TPC agents the IP packet size or TCP segement size?> > 2) When using a
> command like "$ns queue-limit $n0 $n1 100", is the queue > limit expressed as
> the number of TCP segments or IP packets? Does the > distinction even make
> sense in this case?> > 3) When simulating web traffic (such as in
> tcl/ex/web-traffic.tcl) using > a command like "$pool create-session 1
> $numPage 0.2 $interPage $pageSize > $interObj $objSize" is objSize in TCP
> segments or IP packets? Again, is > the distinction meaningful here?> > > --
> > Jasin>
用 Live Search 搜尽天下资讯!
http://www.live.com/?searchOnly=true