Hi,

The G.711 is a constant bit rate encoder/producer. It just takes a
linear PCM sample and re-encodes it using a logarithmic approach. The
final output is 64 kbit/s (but it can be 54 kbits/s too).

NS doesn't care about the encoder itself, i.e its internals. What
matters is the number of packets generated each second, how they are
generated (the inter-generation interval) and the size of each packed.
In your case, a G1.711 encoder (the source) can be modeled by a
UDP/CBR node.

BR,
Ilyes Gouta.