Tom Henderson wrote:
> All,
> I think I've reached the point where I've tired of cleaning out the
> spam/vandalism from the ns-2 wiki.  Presently, we have a policy of
> requiring users to create an account without moderation before writing
> to the wiki, but that seems to not be enough to stop unwelcome users
> from creating accounts.
>
> Would people object if we moved to a policy of moderated user account
> creation?  It would require first time wiki posters to have their
> request for an account approved.  This would also apply to ns-3's wiki,
> which has had much less of a problem but which also runs the same wiki
> software.
>
> (cc-ing ns-developers, but please reply on the ns-users list only)
>
> - Tom
>
> p.s. I'd like to also thank the various volunteers who have stepped in
> to clean up things time and time again.

Although I had several responses in support of the above proposal to
require moderated registration of wiki authors, Claus Christmann has
volunteered to do some spam patrolling in order to keep the wiki open.
If anyone else wants to help with the policing, your contributions would
be welcome.  If things get out of hand with the spam again, we can
reevaluate.

Tom