I think its possible, you know that there are a header file *.h and an
implementation file *.cc and *.tcl for configuration simulation file

  in C++ code use:
  Tcl& tcl = Tcl::instance();
tcl.evalc("Any statement written in you TCL configuration file");
const char* tmp = tcl.resultf() ;
  int NewVariable= atoi(tmp);

  in your tcl file use:
  Any statement written in you TCL configuration file 'number'

  For further informations, See:
  http://nile.wpi.edu/NS/linkage.html

http://140.127.22.90/index.files/Subject/Tong(90-2)--Performance_of_system/Chapter%203%20%20Otcl%20Linkage.ppt

  Cheers,
  Mohammed AbuHajar

leticia bela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Thanks for your response, I have not problem to generate a traffic file. My
problem is how can i change the value of a rate for a given source during
simulation from my c++ file.
thanks again

Mohammed Abu Hajar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :    Creating random
traffic-pattern for wireless scenarios

  Random traffic connections of TCP and CBR (Constant Bit Rate) can be setup
between mobile nodes using a traffic scenario generator script. This traffic
generator script is available under ~/ns-2.28/indep-utils/cmu-scen-gen and is
called cbrgen.tcl. The command line looks like the following:

          ns cbrgen.tcl [-type cbr|tcp] [-nn nodes] [-seed seed] [-mc
connections] [-rate rate]

          -type cbr|tcp
    Type of the generated traffic, TCP or CBR
      -nn nodes
    Total number of nodes being simulated
      -seed seed
    Random number seed used to initialize part of the seed of various randomly
generated numbers in the simulation. This can be used to vary the seed of the
simulation to see the consistency of the results of the simulation
      -mc connections
    Number of flow connections
      -rate rate
    Number of packets per second.
  cbr gensub-command explanation

  The start times for the TCP/CBR connections are randomly generated with a
maximum value set at 180.0s, thus the simulation time is at least 180 seconds,
and the number of nodes has no relationship to the maximum number of
connections.

  A typical generated CBR traffic file looks like:

          set udp_(1) [new Agent/UDP]
  $ns_ attach-agent $node_(4) $udp_(1)
  set null_(1) [new Agent/Null]
  $ns_ attach-agent $node_(5) $null_(1)
  set cbr_(1) [new Application/Traffic/CBR]
  $udp_(1) set fid_ 1
  $cbr_(1) set packetSize_ 512
  $cbr_(1) set interval_ 0.25
  $cbr_(1) set random_ 1
  $cbr_(1) set maxpkts_ 10000
  $cbr_(1) attach-agent $udp_(1)
  $ns_ connect $udp_(1) $null_(1)
  $ns_ at 56.333118917575632 "$cbr_(1) start"

  A typical generated TCP (FTP) traffic file looks like:

          set tcp_(0)  [ new Agent/TCP       ]
  set sink_(0) [ new Agent/TCPSink   ]
  set ftp_(0)  [ new Application/FTP ]
  $tcp_(0) set class_ 1
  $tcp_(0) set packetSize_ 512
  $ns_ attach-agent $node_(1) $tcp_(0)
  $ns_ attach-agent $node_(2) $sink_(0)
  $ftp_(0) attach-agent $tcp_(0)
  $ns_ connect $tcp_(0) $sink_(0)
  $ns_ at 2.5568388786897245 "$ftp_(0) start"
  $ns_ at $val(stop)  "$ftp_(0) stop"

  If you want to change the values you can use awk script to do that.

Regards,
  Mohammed AbuHajar
  MSc of Computer Science

leticia bela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Please can any one say me how can i change cbr rate during simulation for a
given resource from my c++ file. or there are not solution for this

thanks a lot!!!