Hello Tamer,

I think there are two ns-2 groups, the releases earlier thank 2.30 and
later thank and including 2.30. The first group requires older c++
compiler and you should only install them in a linux fedora version
earlier than core 5. This applies to your 2.29, which should be
installed either in core 4 or earlier. The latter should be installed
int a core 5 or later release of Fedora.

Hope this helps,
Kamil
https://crg.ee.uct.ac.za/~kamil