In what I've seen in wireless 802.11, mac address = IP address, but of the
way the code it works, the arp module must get the mac address from a given
ip address (just like in real networks).

I suggest you to check how this is done, in a stable simple
802.11scnenario, and recreate what you learn in zigbee

Pedro Estrela

--
-------
Eng. Pedro Vale Estrela, PhD