somewhere an exit is being called, and no message is being printed.
In my IST CIMS package I have a facility in utils_ns.cc and config.h which
redifines "exit" as a macro, to call my custom my_abort proc, to display the
filename and line number. This has already solved many probelms just like
you describe for me.

Pedro Estrela
tagus.inesc-id.pt/~pestrela/*ns2*

--