This is to announce the posting of the ns-2.33 source code release and a
corresponding ns-allinone-2.33 package.

Downloads are available at the Sourceforge project pages:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=149743
File checksums are located in the corresponding release notes on
Sourceforge.

There have been a number of significant contributions to ns-2 since the
last release, and I'd like to acknowledge the work that people have done
to contribute and integrate the following extensions.

1) several new 802.11 models
   -- Ilango Purushothaman's infrastructure mode extensions
   -- the 802.11Ext models from a Mercedes-Benz R&D, NA and University
of Karlsruhe team
   -- dynamic libraries patch and multirate 802.11 library from Nicola
Baldo and Federico Maguolo of the SIGNET group, University of Padova

The ns-2 documentation has a new overview for 802.11 models, with
pointers to more documentation:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/node193.html#sec:802_11

The dynamic libraries patch is more generally applicable and is
documented here:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/node300.html

2) David Wei has improved the calendar queue scheduler:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/node35.html

3) David also imported TCP congestion control models from the Linux kernel:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/node403.html

As usual, the release also includes several bug fixes that were
discussed on the developer's list.  A more descriptive change log is
available at:  http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/CHANGES.html.  Thanks also to
the people who tested our release candidates.

If people encounter problems with these releases, please post
suggestions to the ns-developers mailing list, or file a bug report:
http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/index.php/Contributing#Reporting_a_bug

For troubleshooting or workaround tips, please consult (and contribute
to) the following wiki page:
http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/index.php/Troubleshooting

- Tom