Hi everyone,

I am quite new to NS-2, and am stuck with this problem: how do I merge
two incoming flows into a single outgoing flow?

Here is the scenario: I have two CBR generators running at two nodes
N1, N2, which send data over UDP links to N3. In turn, N3 is connected
to another node N4, where we have an application that will use the
packets.

What I want to do is this: I want to generate timestamped/sequence
numbered packets at N1 and N2. N3 is to have two incoming flows of
these packets, and I want to merge these incoming flows at N3, do some
processing (i.e. add a processing overhead latency), and send the
combined flow to N4, which will examine the packet sequence numbers
and delays.

In other words, N3 is to merge the two incoming flows into a single
outgoing flow to N4.

This might be trivial to solve, but as I said, I am very new to NS-2,
and can't find a solution. So, it will be great if anyone can tell me
what to do and/or direct me to the appropriate documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Ragib

--
Ragib Hasan