Dear ns users,

I am carrying out a layer 2 performance analyses of CBR and FTP traffics in
mobile WiMAX for my master’s Thesis using the NIST WiMAX module with NS-2.31 on
Linux Fedora Core 5.  I want to measure the throughput, delay, jitter and packet
loss when a mobile node moves within a base station and from one base station to
another (handover) by configuring different speeds, modulations, Frequency
bandwidths and cyclic prefixes.

I have some results which I have analysed with trace graph but I am having
problem with the handover aspect. I noticed in NAM, the trace file and from
Trace Graph that the mobile node communicated with only base station 1
throughout the simulation. I did not see packets being received by base station
2. The manual says the lgd factor should be above 1 to trigger scanning but it
is already set at 1.8. I increased the scanning trigger time by setting it to 2
but still could not achieve handover. I tried to manually create another channel
and attach the mobile node to base station 2 with the "$ns at <time>" command,
but when the mobile node sent ARP requests to base station 2, it kept being
dropped.  What am I doing wrong?

Best Regards
William

This mail sent through IMP: http://webmail.brad.ac.uk
To report misuse from this email address forward the message
and full headers to [EMAIL PROTECTED]