Hi All,

A bit of an OO C++ newbie here. I'm trying to accomplish some basic tasks
that seem to be giving me trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Working on a yet-to-be instantiated variable in C:

Problem: I have defined a new sort of class. One of the public elements is a
packet counter, that gets initialized to 0 whenever it is instantiated in a
TCL sim. I want to increment this counter when (for now) an ACK is received
at another instantiated TCP element - basically a simple increment when the
TCP::recv( ) function is called.

So I want to update a value without knowing its instance name yet.

Any ideas?

2. Instantiating a global variable. Where's the best place to do this and
how would I call on it / work with it from multiple different modules?

Thanks + best,
Scott