Dear NS-users,

I would like to evaluate the steady-state throughput of a network of few
nodes with respect to the packet arrival rate (PAR).
For each PAR, I extract from the trace file the corresponding Throughput by
using the following formula
Throughput = (total number of bits received) / (simulation duration). Let's
mentioned that in the simulation duration, the transient period is not
considered.
My problem is that I don't know how to compute the steady-state throughput.
Because the throughput I am computing varies with the simulation duration. I
tried to simulate with very long simulation durations (4000...6000
seconds), but there are still significant changes in the throughput values
and the simulation takes too long time.

How could I simulate the steady-state throughput?

Mozam