Hi all,

I have had previous success in debugging ns2 tcl scripts through otcl and
C++ debugging,
using a combination of ddd, MashInspector in nstk environment, and the tcl
debugger.

However I have recently found trouble trying to debug with ddd. When I open
the ns.exe
program I am given the 'no debugging symbols found' reply. However when I
open the
nstk.exe program I can proceed just fine.

The otcl side of debugging is working just fine also.
Is there a straightforward explanation for this?
Has anyone else encountered this?

I have taken the following steps to enable debugging support:
        > added "-g" in makefile.in such that
                    CFLAGS    += -g $(CCOPT) $(DEFINE)
        > added "--enable-symbols" to tcl's configure command in
ns-allinone/install
        > added "--enable-debug" to tclcl's configure in same file
        > configured ns-2 with "--enable-debug" flag as well as
"--with-tcldebug"

I have also noticed that gdb doesn't like the guard32.dll belonging to
Comodo's Firewall (v3).
There has been a bug report made on this in the Comodo forum. The only way
around it at
the minute appears to be disabling guard32.dll.

Thanks for your time,
Micheal