Hello Manish,

My understanding is that the two parameters are not related.

Pt_ defines the amount of power transmitted from the antenna
(Phy/WirelessPhy), and thus; it defines (together with the RXThresh_
parameter) the range of the mobile-node. And it is not used by the energy
model.

txpower  defines how much power a mobile-node, as a whole, consumes when it
is transmitting, and it is the one used by the energy model.

For example; the PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card on my laptop can consume a
maximum power of 1.8 Watt while transmitting and a maximum of 1.4 Watt while
receiving. But the maximum transmitting power is 15 dBm ( ~ 31 mW) !

-- Waleed Tuffaha