I have installed ns-2.33 on cygwin on xp.

while running simple example programs, I get error,

$ nam: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable.

I tried set it with export DSIPLAY=:0..0

it gives error

$ nam: couldn't connect to display "0.0"

I also tried  startx before running programs, it gives following error,

$ nam:

[code omitted because of length]

: no event type or button # or keysym

   while executing

"bind Listbox <MouseWheel> {

%W yview scroll [expr {- (%D / 120) * 4}] units

}"

   invoked from within

"if {[tk windowingsystem] eq "classic" || [tk windowingsystem] eq "aqua"} {

bind Listbox <MouseWheel> {

%W yview scroll [expr {- (%D)}] units

}

bind Li..."

can anybody figure out where the problem lies?

I am new to ns-2 as well as linux environment so please.....

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

ali balador,