Hi Mats,

I agree with you. In fact, function drop(p) will check whether the packet
is in used before dropping it. But the function drop(p) only exists for
an NsObject. Objects not derived from class NsObject may not define this
function.

If you guys would like to use Packet::free(p), you are responsible for
consistency check. Failing to do so may result in errors like
segmentation fault.

Best,
Teerawat