Hi,

I am new to the ns2 community. I was implementing the Mark Greis
implemetation of the new ping protocol for my ns-2.33 on Ubuntu 8.04.
Everything from creating a new header file, C++ code and relevant changes to
the ns source files have been done.
The tutorial says "*Remember that you have to do a 'make depend' before you
do the 'make', otherwise these two files might not be recompiled" *where we
have added new packet information to the packet.h file.

Now I want to ask that whether I should run a makedepend for packet.h to
recompile it ( in that case it is giving me an error that no Makefile
present) , or to run a makedepend on ping.h and ping.cc ( in case of that it
gives me warning like this for all header files included :
*makedepend: warning:  ping.cc (reading ping.h, line 51): cannot find
include file "packet.h"
    not in packet.h
    not in packet.h
    not in /usr/include/packet.h
*)

Ignoring this warning, when I type in make  it says :
*Makefile:361: *** missing separator.  Stop.*

I am stuck . Kindly help

Regards,

Mayank Sharma