Hi!

Which UMTS implementation are you using?

As far as I know, the way to _model_ movement in EURANE is to generate channel
traces which models a radio channel when a user moves. As far as ns-2 is
concerned the user does not move at all, but because the radio channel changes
as if the user was moving it will still affect performance. However, because
the user is "stationary", it will never come into range of the wifi-access
point and thus never perform a handover, I guess.

The reason for using such a trace to model the radio channel is speed. You
could introduce online calculations of the radio environment and easily
implement movement, but it is complex to design and implement and extends the
simulation time. Chose your poison.

Best regards,
Mats Folke

--
Mats Folke, M.Sc., Lic.Eng.
Research Engineer

Ericsson AB                     Office: +46 10 7171385
Ericsson Research               Fax: +46 920 99621
P.O. Box 920                    Mobile: +46 76 1271385
SE-971 28 Luleå
Sweden