Hi all,

I've posted some new release candidates for the following packages:

ns-2.34
nam-1.14
ns-allinone-2.34

They are available at the following location:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=149743

ns-2.34 is mainly a maintenance release with the following major
differences from ns-2.33:
1) AOMDV (On-demand Multipath Distance Vector Routing in Ad Hoc
Networks) implementation
2) Tmix synthetic Internet traffic generation tool
3) Collection of bug fixes for 802.11Ext model

In addition, the recent Linux distributions (especially Fedora Core 10)
started to have problems with the previous releases, so there are some
fixes aimed at better 64-bit support and support for Fedora Core 10.

These packages still rely on the 8.4 series of Tcl/Tk.  I had hoped to
release these a while back but I was trying to bump them to Tcl/Tk-8.5
(especially thanks to patches from Amir Habibi).  However, after some
internal testing of some release candidates with Tcl/Tk-8.5, I decided
that it would be safer to make the transition after this release.
Therefore, if your platform supports tcl/tk development packages only
for version 8.5 (I think FC10 is the main one in this category) please
use the ns-allinone-2.34 version for now.

How you can help
---------------

Please give these packages a try on your system.  If you encounter a
problem, please first download the equivalent package for the previous
version (i.e., ns-2.33 or nam-1.13) and see if you get the same problem
or if we are introducing a new problem.  Then let me know, and cc the
ns-developers list.  Please specify as much detail as you can about the
system (operating system version, CPU architecture, gcc version, etc.).
  If you can send in a patch that fixes any problem, this is even better.

If there aren't any major problems, we can make this a real release at
the beginning of June, or else I'll create new release candidates as needed.

Thanks,
Tom