thank you very much for the immediate reply..
i want to use this real time energy value in my tcl code. is there a way to
access this variable at a specified time by binding this value to any variable.

--- On Thu, 25/3/10, darkblue winnie <darkblue.win...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> From: darkblue winnie <darkblue.win...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: energy of mobile node
> To: "deepika jayakodi" <deep_...@yahoo.co.in>
> Cc: ns-users@isi.edu
> Date: Thursday, 25 March, 2010, 1:44 PM
> I don't know what you exactly mean...
> Energy is a dynamic value. It decreases throughout the
> simulation process.
>
> If you just want to know the energy value, you can find it
> in the trace file after the simulation... Almost every line
> of packet log contains the energy details at that time.
>

> In my code, I would like to get the real time energy value

 during runtime.
> I use the following code to get the pointer to the
> EnergyModel and then call its energy() function to get the
> real time energy during runtime.
>

> Tcl& tcl = Tcl::instance();
>     //exec tcl command to get netif_
>     sprintf(tcl.buffer(), "$node_(%d) set
> netif_(0)", node_id);
>     tcl.eval();
>     //lookup and find the network interface
>
>     netif_ = (WirelessPhy *)
> TclObject::lookup(tcl.result());
>     if (netif_ == 0) {
>         fprintf(stderr, "Agent: lookup netif_
> failed.\n");
>     } else {
>         energy_model = (EnergyModel *)
> (netif_->node()->energy_model());
>
>         cout << "energy: " <<
> energy_model->energy() << endl;
>
>     }
>

> On Thu, Mar 25,
 2010 at 3:33 AM,
> deepika jayakodi <deep_...@yahoo.co.in>
> wrote:
>

> hii am implementing a project using ns2 and
> require some help. i want to extract the energy value of
> each node in my tcl script. i have used the enrgy model but
> am not able to find how to access energy value of a node.
>

> thanks in advance..

      Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW!
http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/