Hi everyone

I'm considering using NS-2 as a network simulation engine for a project at my
university. I've looked around at some available engines such as OMNeT++ and
NS-2. I need to simulate an environment in which nodes in the network are
participating in an ad hoc network. I want to be able to place an external
input source at one end of the network and an external output at the other end
of the network. The external input could be a telnet client that sends whatever
data I type into it and the external output could be a TCP server receiving all
the data typed.

In OMNeT++ this is supported (called hardware-in-the-loop) but I was wondering
whether something like this is possible with NS-2. Do you know of any way to
take external input, route it through a network of nodes in NS-2 and finally
deliver it to an external source again?

Thanks in advance
J. Smith