Hello all,
           I am working on a project of designing AIS for a routing
protocol.For it I needed to enable promiscuous mode in ns-2.This is done by
me as this
 **In the file mac/mac-802_11.cc,
     looking  for the recv_timer() function,
     looking  for the "Address Filtering"  section:
     there
     I decided to pass the frame to the upper LL agent,
     instead of discarding it by adding  recvDATA(pktRx_);

     /*
     * Address Filtering
     */
    if(dst != (u_int32_t)index_ && dst != MAC_BROADCAST) {
        /*
         *  We don't want to log this event, so we just free
         *  the packet instead of calling the drop routine.
         */
        recvDATA(pktRx_);
        goto done;
    }