Hi there,

Is there anybody who can help me or have any suggestions regarding to reduce
simulation running time?
I have a large network topology consisting of 7000 nodes. These nodes are from
different classes and they generate different kinds of traffic during
simulation time. The percentage of dropped packets are little. Once I ran my
program for simulation time of 900 seconds, it took around 8 days to finish!!!
I am going to write my tcl programs in threads since it consists of large loops
in which nodes generate traffics and they do not depend on each other.
Although, I configured Tcl to support multithreading, when I use
thread::create, it returns: invalid command name "thread::create". Is there
anybody who knows how to make threads in Tcl files??

Also, I heard that if there are some parts in Tcl code which should be run
repeatedly, it is better to do it in .cpp files. So, if I want to generate
traffics from .cpp files, how should I do it? in which file and where? Topology
connections are FullTCP, wired.

This is an urgent issue and I will appreciate it too much, if someone can help
me in this regard.

Best Regards,
Fariba