Dear NS Users ,

I am having recompiling problem with ns2. I am using ns 2.34 version on
ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

 I am working on aodv protocol. The problem comes whenever i enable or
disable the HELLO packets. For the first time when i recompile ns 2 it works
fine. But again when i enable or disable the packets, the .tr file still
shows HELLO packets being transmitted.

 I have also made some other changes in the aodv.cc file. Like for example ,
i introduced two new functions to send and receive my own generated packets.
Initially i introduced cout<<"fgfdg";  messages to see if thing go well.

During first few tries after recompiling ns2, things go ok but after that
even if i change things within the code , the change does not take any
effect. I reinstalled ns 2 many times but again the problem is the same.

for recompiling i am using the following commands

make clean
make
sudo make install

I have used different PC but surprisingly the issue is still there.

Waiting for an early reply.

regards

--
Muhammad Shoaib SALEEM