Hello everyone!

I'm trying to calculate packet RTT times for each
 packet with the use of a ns2 trace file and some scripting in Python. I
 managed to get the time when a packet was initially sent and when its
ack is received. It even works if a packet was dropped and resent. The
problem is not all packets get their acks (judging from TCP flow and
sequence number fields. I use them to get the packets and their acks). I
 suspect it has to do with delayed acks or something similar, so the
packet gets acknowledged later on. Can anyone confirm this? If this is
true, I should not calculate RTTs for such packets, because it would be
faulty (because of the time between packet arrival and sending the
delayed ack). Am I right? I'd gladly post trace output segments, if
needed for clarity.

Thanks for any insights.