Dear Gregory Butron,

1. To answer your question directly, yes, it is possible. But that approach
does not make sense, as you would compromise the integrity of a simulator.
For e.g when a frame is currently being received by a receiver node and
another new frame arrives overlapping in time, only the strongest frame
will be received by the receiving node. The weaker frame will be discarded
due to collision by IEEE 802.11 MAC i.e one of the typical frame loss
scenario. Modifying the simulator to accept both frames does not
make sense from Physical or MAC layer point of view.

2. What I would suggest is to mark frames lost due to propagation model
separately than any other frame loss scenarios. Later you can do you own
accounting to find the loss incurred due to propagation model. Try to
Google on how to do this.

3. The method in #2 above is practical and accommodate your requirement,
as, when a MAC send a frame from a transmitting node, it goes through a
wireless channel with a certain propagation model, when received by a
receiving node, test will be done to see if there is any error caused by
the propagation model. The below function line would interest you

WirelessPhy::sendUp in Wireless-phy.cc

Good Luck.

rgds
Saravanan K