Dear Wben Jab (If thats your name),

Looking at your operating frequency your cross over distance is around 86m.
Thus when you experiment communication above this distance, the TwoRay
propagation takes place anything below though you are using TwoRay only
FreeSpace takes into effect.

>From the both RxThreshold, you will reach 300m and 1000m transmit range
respectively. Nothing would be wrong in the RF point of view unless you
changed your transmission power or RXThreshold in between.

I am not sure where you are reading to confirm your packet receive. This
should be done at the physical layer. If you are reading from the MAC
layer, if there is a mechanism to define a packet error rate this could be
the reason the received packet is discarded due to the failed integrity
test of the content of the received packet.

Do check on this.

Good Luck.

Saravanan K