 From: "Abraham, Stephen Dawit" <sdabr...@illinois.edu>
To: "ns-users@isi.edu" <ns-users@ISI.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, 17 April 2013 9:18 AM
Subject: [ns] Maximum dataRate_

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some help regarding the dataRate_ variable for
wireless simulations. I am currently working with ns-2.34.

In the sendData function in mac-802_11.cc, I am manually setting the dataRate_.
However, I am setting it to relatively large values (in the hundreds of Mbps).
Is there a maximum limit to what I change this variable to, and how can I
confirm the variable is properly being set? I've currently been using
tracegraph to see the differences in results when using a small vs. a large
dataRate_.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.