A team from CableLabs, in conjunction with Kathleen Nichols, has
provided some patches for ns-2 to model new AQM techniques (CoDel
variants), DOCSIS links, and a web traffic generator to drive the
simulations.  The patches are staged here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/nsnam/patches/22/
http://sourceforge.net/p/nsnam/patches/23/
http://sourceforge.net/p/nsnam/patches/24/

Some additional regression tests and documentation are being written. If
there are no comments, I'll merge the existing patches, with some
documentation about them, to ns-2 sometime soon when tests and
documentation are finalized.

In addition, the ns-2 code needs to be updated to more recent compilers
and libraries, so I've started to look at making another maintenance
release numbered ns-allinone-2.36, probably in December.  Details will
be maintained on the below wiki page.  If anyone wants to help with this
release (testing, debugging) please let me know.  If anyone wants to
help with merging and testing any new features, please contact me.  I
will announce release candidates when they become available for testing.

http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/index.php/Roadmap#Release_schedule

- Tom