I want to modify AODV inorder to get reduced routing overhead. Please help
me
Following are the changes of source code I want to modify.

 Only when the time elapsed from the last broadcasting
packet (RREQ, RERR, or some other broadcasting
packets) is greater than the value of HelloInterval, the
node needs to send a Hello packet. The value of
HelloInterval is equal to that of the original AODV

In order to reduce the overhead of neighbor list in
the RREQ packet, each node needs to monitor the
variation of its neighbor table and maintain a cache
of the neighbor list in the received RREQ packet.
We modify the RREQ header of AODV, and add a
fixed field num_neighbors which represents the size
of neighbor list in the RREQ packet and following
the num_neighbors is the dynamic neighbor list.