Hello George,
if you have more than 2 mobile devices I think you will run into a restriction
in ActiveSync anyway: it can only store profiles for 2 different mobile
devices; if you connect a 3rd device, you either have to remove one of the
others, or connect it as a "guest", in which case you can't synchronize any
files. At least that's my knowledge from the ActiveSync versions I have used -
does one of the experts in this forum know an alternative?
To identify the different devices you could use the user defined device name
(not the serial number) that you can set in the control panel of the device, or
simply store a mini text file in a specific folder on the device that you can
read during synchronisation. The device name is the one that ActiveSync uses to
generate the main folder name as Joe described in his message, this can be read
by NSBasic/CE from the registry.

I think if you want to read from multiple devices (more than 2) you have to
read directly from the device, not by using ActiveSync to copy the files from
the device to the PC, but I must admit I don't know if that's possible. Windows
Explorer can do that, so it may be, but I don't know how to access System
Folders like "Mobile Device" from NSBasic.
Kind regards
Thomas