Hi all,
I dare say they were legato and staccato; who knows whether they had closed end
or for some players, open ended chanters in those days? And remember, it was
music 'adapted' for the small-pipes. There are tunes that should have c# 's in
the book, but c's are played instead 'cause they didn't have c# keys or any
other keys.
Perhaps the small-pipes were played open fingered and then closed fingered or
both. It would seem that, until recently, they were played staccato, exept for
those who couldn't do it. But now the trend seems to be, maybe, going
backwards. Perhaps the stopped end can be taken off again and the keys too.
Lets get back to the primitive urges. Oh dear, we'll just have Scottish
small-pipes in the key of E.
Adrian