On 17 May 2006, what.me wrote:

> This is what I'm trying to get at - I would like to know: does the NPS
> accept that legato is a correct way of playing the pipes?

Adrian and all:

Please note change of email address, and hence change of mental hat.

As far as I am aware, the NPS does not have, and has never had, a
formally agreed policy on appropriate style for playing the
Northumbrian smallpipes.

Whether it should have one, and if so, what that should be, would be
a matter for the NPS committee to decide. Such a process would
hopefully include discussions with the commonly recognized
authorities on the subject - our top-flight players.

If you wish this matter to be taken up by the committee I will gladly
draw it to their attention and initiate such a discussion.

For the record,  only a minority of the NPS committee read this list.
I believe about 50% of the list's subscribers are NPS members.

I hope this helps

--
Julia Say, Hon Sec. NPS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]