Well I don't know but is the subtle ridicule necessary?

It was an sincere question from someone who is making an effort to learn the
pipes and doesn't have contact with experienced pipers other than through
internet. I'm not qualified to make opinion on the subject. I wouldn't even
be considered a Northumbrian pipers bootlace yet... but I'm working on it.

Anyway, I think the answer might be "No!" on both of my original questions.

1 - Do any of you NSP'ers who also play Scottish pipes use the Birl on the
NSP?..... Apparently not.

2 - Is it more accepted to do stuff like that in Northumbrian piping?......
Apparently not.

Thanks :)

Bill Carr (Crawling back into his hole)