From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

CC: nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu

Sent: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 8:49

Subject: RE: [NSP] tchuning

Ah, sorry, I had misread you to mean "if you try to use the B you've already
got (from tuning for G major) against a drone in tune with the E you've already
got (from the A) it won't work. Because, as you explain, the B would need to be
sharper.?It is strange, I find, that Mike Nelson explains?his lower tuning for
the bottom E as being for the sake of G major rather than for permitting E
minor. I have my low E?a bit flat relative to the top E and this permits me to
play in E minor quite successfully (it was tuned this way by the maker).

The middle E even tho it is tuned as a perfect fifth against the A drone does
not sound too sharp against the G and D drones strangely enough.?

?

The interval C-E?can sound a bit odd tho, at least to my lugs.

chirs?