I would like to suggest that if we are going to discuss choyting again
   and want to refer to bagpipes with an open-ended chanter, we
   distinguish between

   -          "cuttings", i.e.  the obligatory super-short notes that are
   necessary on an open-ended chanter in order to articulate at all;

   -          "grace notes" (or "gracings"), i.e. twiddly bits that are
   not necessary for articulation but are put in because the composer or
   player thinks they sound good.

   Choyting on the NSP would fall into the latter category.

   Cheers,

   Paul Gretton