Chirs wrote:

   >>>Bad taste I suppose ;-) - as exhibited by, imho, the likes of
   Pavarotti and Kreisler, who I gather are quite >>>popular in some
   circles. The "right" way to sing and play the violin, I believe. Hm....

   I realize this is off topic but I would just like to say in Pavarotti's
   defence that there is an enormous difference between the glorious
   lirico-spinto that he was originally (and which he remained for much of
   his career) and the musical buffoon of his latter years, with all the
   "Three Tenors" and Nessun-Dorma-as-a-football-anthem crap.

   Cheers,

   Paul Gretton