I suspect that, had they had a few pipers (male and female) in their sample, they would have given up and gone home at it would have thrown their results out :)
Colin Hill
----- Original Message ----- From: "tim rolls BT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Richard York" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 8:33 PM
Subject: [NSP] Re: Over the hill?

I shouldn't worry too much Richard, a brief extract from the summary says

"males tap faster than females, the dominant hand is faster than the non-dominant hand"

the slow down is apparantly only about 10-15% for the over 50s compared to the 16-24s, and if you want all the stats. and have trouble sleeping go to http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3848/is_200407/ai_n9439965/pg_1?tag=artBody;col1.

Just make sure you play with a group of older females and you should be able to keep your end up!

A fellow "over 50"
Tim
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard York" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>