"And don't play effin' Highland Cathedral either!!!!"

Should that be Highland Cathedral ineff and a ' ,

Tim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Gretton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:40 PM
Subject: [NSP] Music for funeral

  My gut reaction is: play anything appropriate - there are lots of
  options - but please, please, please don't play Amazing Grace! I don't
  think one should do anything that might contribute to that awful piece
  of slop becoming a part of the Northumberland repertoire too. It would
  be dreadful if it ever became a standard feature of funerals on this
  side of the Atlantic the way it has in the States. And in the States
  the problem is not just with funerals: over there, there are only two
  tunes associated with bagpipes (of any type), namely Amazing Grace and
  that other one.

  There was no Amazing Grace at the Cenotaph this morning and I think you
  may agree that the somber ceremony of commemoration was still pretty
  effective.

  And don't play effin' Highland Cathedral either!!!!

  Paul Gretton