> As far as I can remember there are quite a few dance  tunes in the Peacock
> collection. I'm not able to check how "ranty" they are the moment

I'm thinking specifically of variation sets - Cuckold, Cut & Dry, I
Saw My Love, Jack Lattin (however he's spelt) - which I suspect you
can check from your internal hard drive. Seems to me they can be
played to fit the rant rhythm without distorting them, though the
*written* note values are half those we would use for Corn Rigs etc.
etc.