Hello all,
Billy Pigg did choyt.
When I was learning the nsp is the late 1970's / early1980's there were not too many players which I liked the playing of. I plumped for Billy Pigg because he was marketed as being a legend; although Tom Clough was The Prince of Pipers, there was not enough of him to listen to. The other players seemed to have no gusto in their playing. My method of playing has changed. I use to choyte, grace a lot and use vibrato. The first has vanished altogether, I use gracing sparingly as with vibrato. Although Billy was my mainstay to piping, I've moved on to Clough, although his timing was not that accurate, his detatched fingering was the tightest I'd heard early in the beginning. Adrian