>>I thought I made it clear I was speaking from my position as a piper.
   My other qualifications are totally irrelevant in this context!

   No, they certainly aren't when you disingenuously presenting yourself
   as lacking the sophistication that you obviously have.

   >>May I ask about your musical background??

   No, in this context you may NOT. Because that kind of putdown - which
   basically amounts to "I am a much better piper than you are", which I
   will of course admit instantly -- is a kind of "get out of gaol free"
   card that enables you to avoid any kind of disputing of your arguments.
   It is far too reminiscent of the standard GHB reply "So how fast is
   your crunluath then?" or "How many gold medals have YOU won?"

   Cheers,

   Paul Gretton

   Thank you for that considered contribution.

   I thought I made it clear I was speaking from my position as a piper.
   My other qualifications are totally irrelevant in this context!

   May I ask about your musical background??

   Anthony